To be eligible for funding, an applicant must:
- Be a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt, not-for-profit agency and/or organized group carrying out a charitable purpose for the public good. Non-501(c)(3)’s must use a fiscal agent who is a 501(c)(3).
- Operate within Boone, Ogle, Stephenson and/or Winnebago County.
- Be a group that is primarily made up of members who are 19 years of age or younger.
- Propose a project that is planned and implemented by youth.
- Involve youth in every aspect of the grant process – writing the application, participating in applicant interviews, implementing the project, and participating in any grant check presentation for their organization.
- Be current on all final reports for grants from the Community Foundation; if your agency has a program currently being funded with a Community Foundation grant and your final report is not yet due, you must submit an interim report letting us know the progress of your program (do not use the online final report form for this; submit a Word document. See “Final and Interim Reports” below for further instructions.)
- Be operated and organized so that there is no discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, national or ethnic origin, political beliefs, veteran’s status, disability, or any other factor prohibited by applicable law.
Priority will be given to collaborative projects.